HOW TO GET MORE YOUTUBE VIEWS & SUBSCRIBERS (ADVANCED STRATEGY) | VMW18Aug 30, 2018
This is a content summary of the presentation Roberto Blake delivered at Video Marketing World 18 on stage. You will find a detailed breakdown of the material as well as the full presentation deck. This introduced an advanced strategy called the YouTube Subscriber Funnel.
Up until now something I've rarely talked about prior to Video Marketing World 2018 is the "Subscriber Funnel". This is a concept I've teased in my Live Streams and that my students in Awesome Creator Academy Membership and my Coaching Clients are somewhat familiar with, and it is what I usually help them build to grow their audience.
Getting more views and subscribers on YouTube is something most online content creators are trying to figure out. And while it is not simple and there is no "formula" for success that is guaranteed to work for everyone, there are proven advanced strategies that have worked for those who apply them and execute on them well.
It requires, time, it requires understanding other human beings (99% of the problem), and it requires actual talent and skill... some of you can feel free to click off now...
With all that being said, being successful on YouTube comes down to the same things that make someone successful at building a business or selling their product and services, so if you don't "romanticize" the platform, you can dramatically change your approach and your results.
WHAT WE KNOW WORKS ON YOUTUBE
- Quality Content
- Relevancy to the Target Viewer
- High Click Thru Rates on Titles and Thumbnails
- View Velocity/Watch Time First 1HR/ 24HRS
- Average View Duration on Video
- Average Viewer Retention Rate on Video
- Getting People to Watch More Videos
This short list of what works is not up for debate, this has been proven time and time again and has dictated and affected the patterns we see in successful channels and channels that are on the rise in YouTube.
Channels like AmyTV, Tailosive Tech, Frontpage Tech and others have been successful because they identified exactly what their audience wanted and created patterns for binge-watching their content and being loyal, while also triggering the YouTube algorithm to find them new viewers that match their audience profile.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE DOING
- Upload at a time that makes sense for your target viewing audience
- Choose your Topic and Title based on what will capture attention from your target viewers right now
- Optimize your description for Search and Accessibility
- Optimize your metadata for Search and Accessibility, with Tags and Closed Captions
- Add your video to a playlist with 5 or more related videos w/ optimized title & desc
- Create Thumbnails that get attention
- Format your videos for watch time and retention
- Promote hardest in first Hour and 24 Hours
Deploying these strategies has grown successful channels. Making adjustments in my own content strategy to prioritize this has resulted in a 30 Day cycle of more than tripling my daily subscriber growth. In many cases, it has resulted in 5X to 10X increased views on videos depending on how they resonated with the audience.
THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
- Demo- Age/Gender/Geography/
- Who are they as a person?
- What has their attention?
- Why should they watch me?
- When do the watch?
- Where are they watching videos?
- How much time do they have?
- How do they watch my videos?
- What will make them come back?
- Why will they relate to me personally?
To get the full details of this strategy you will want to go through the full presentation deck. You may also want to consider either joining Awesome Creator Academy or scheduling a YouTube Channel Review with me or a longer 90 Minute Coaching Session.